For the third straight year, Gilbert finds itself in the Top 10 of the safest cities to live with a population of over 200,000.
The town secured the No. 2 spot behind Irvine, California, which has held the top spot for three straight years.
The rankings were comprised from 2014 statistics from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report and showed Gilbert’s murder rate was zero in 100,000.
According to the data, Gilbert did see an increase in its violent crime rate with a 3 percent increase from the previous year.
However, overall crime dropped by 10 percent from 2012 to 2013. That was an indication the crime rate may be leveling out for a place that has experienced a notable population growth over the last few decades.
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona