For the third straight year, Gilbert finds itself in the Top 10 of the safest cities to live with a population of over 200,000.
The town secured the No. 2 spot behind Irvine, California, which has held the top spot for three straight years.
The rankings were comprised from 2014 statistics from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report and showed Gilbert’s murder rate was zero in 100,000.
According to the data, Gilbert did see an increase in its violent crime rate with a 3 percent increase from the previous year.
However, overall crime dropped by 10 percent from 2012 to 2013. That was an indication the crime rate may be leveling out for a place that has experienced a notable population growth over the last few decades.
- Arizona man cannot hunt for decade after illegally killing bighorn sheep
- Anti-abortion group names Arizona nation’s top pro-life state
- Arizona schools chief says K-12 education in state is ‘improving’
- Senior facility near ASU’s Tempe campus to break ground next month
- Nearly 22K push for political power at Women’s March in Arizona