Soon you’re going to have a new outlook on your email, like it or not!
Last week, Microsoft announced that it is closing Hotmail and moving the “hundreds of millions” still using it to Outlook.com by this summer. So should you fear the new Outlook.com email. Not at all!
Hotmail users, once they move (or get moved) will get Outlook.com’s clean new interface for their mail and calendars.
You may have already seen the first of many emails encouraging you to make the switch on your own. This is the best way to do it, as you can choose when, and get comfortable with the interface on your own.
Once you make the change, there’s no going back. But this applies whether you switch it or they do, so be proactive.
The good news is, everything moves over, you won’t lose anything. If you click the upgrade button it takes maybe a few seconds, but it’ll all be there.
Finally, if you have a Microsoft ID or Windows Live ID tied to Hotmail, you won’t have to change accounts or get a new one. If you use an @hotmail.com, @msn.com or @live.com e-mail address as your Microsoft account, you can keep it, even after Hotmail is gone. It’s just like changing your mobile phone carrier. You’re simply moving to a better service, but your ‘number’ (in this case your Microsoft account and email address) stays the same.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
Latest Data Doctors
- Don't worry: Portable cellphone battery chargers are not likely to explode
- A webcam hack is a problem, but a sign of a much larger issue
- The difference between water-resistant and waterproof in smartphones
- Is it safe to have your browser store all of your passwords?
- Using a password management program can be a good way to stay safe online