Soon you’re going to have a new outlook on your email, like it or not!
Last week, Microsoft announced that it is closing Hotmail and moving the “hundreds of millions” still using it to Outlook.com by this summer. So should you fear the new Outlook.com email. Not at all!
Hotmail users, once they move (or get moved) will get Outlook.com’s clean new interface for their mail and calendars.
You may have already seen the first of many emails encouraging you to make the switch on your own. This is the best way to do it, as you can choose when, and get comfortable with the interface on your own.
Once you make the change, there’s no going back. But this applies whether you switch it or they do, so be proactive.
The good news is, everything moves over, you won’t lose anything. If you click the upgrade button it takes maybe a few seconds, but it’ll all be there.
Finally, if you have a Microsoft ID or Windows Live ID tied to Hotmail, you won’t have to change accounts or get a new one. If you use an @hotmail.com, @msn.com or @live.com e-mail address as your Microsoft account, you can keep it, even after Hotmail is gone. It’s just like changing your mobile phone carrier. You’re simply moving to a better service, but your ‘number’ (in this case your Microsoft account and email address) stays the same.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food