State 48 Brewery to open Westgate bar, restaurant and bowling venue
PHOENIX — A local beer chain is expanding to Glendale.
State 48 Brewery announced it will open its fourth location in September at Westgate.
The bar, called State 48 Brewery Funk House, will operate as a full-service restaurant and offer bowling, billiards, shuffle board — and of course, beverages.
“This location will specialize in sour beers, barrel aged beers and all other sorts of funky fermented creations,” a post on the brewery’s Facebook page said.
The owner, Mario Rana, hopes the bar will open before the Arizona Cardinals season opener against the Washington Redskins on Sept. 9, according to ABC15.
Westgate is across the street from the Cardinals’ home field, University of Phoenix Stadium.
State 48 Brewery Funk House will open in the former location of Tavern + Bowl and Good Bad Ugly Brewing.
The 18,000-square-foot venue will have a dozen bowling lanes to go along with the brewery and restaurant.
This isn’t the only new State 48 venue. The company is constructing breweries in downtown Phoenix and north Scottsdale.
Mana told ABC15 he hopes the Phoenix location will be open by the end of August, while the two-level Scottsdale location will take at least four more months.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Outdoor ice skating coming to Westgate in Glendale for holidays
- With Arizona Cardinals, Wiz Khalifa expect heavy West Valley traffic
- Glendale renames road in front of University of Phoenix Stadium
- Job fair devoted to veterans to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- NCAA officials coming to Phoenix to explore another Final Four host bid