Car fire on Loop 202 in Gilbert closes exit ramp during morning rush
PHOENIX — A car fire on a suburban Phoenix freeway shut down an exit during the middle of rush hour Tuesday morning.
The 7 a.m. auto blaze on Loop 202 West in Gilbert forced closure of the roadway at Val Vista Drive.
The ramp reopened shortly before 8 a.m.
No other details of the accident were immediately available.
- Man shot by police after reversing car into Mesa officer during traffic stop
- Gilbert breaks ground on first cemetery, which is set to open in 2019
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Closures, restrictions of I-10 in Phoenix to continue this weekend
- Vehicle crimes surge in Phoenix suburb known for safety