Scottsdale sports park could soon be replaced with mixed-use development
PHOENIX — A Scottsdale sports park could soon be transformed into a mixed-use development, according to development plans submitted to the city.
Developers hope to turn CrackerJax, which is located near Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Scottsdale Road, into a mixed-use development that could total as much as 2 million square feet, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
The Phoenix-based real estate developer group JDM Partners is considering buying the property and has already submitted development plans and requests for zoning changes to the city, the publication said.
The development would be called La Via — the Village for Innovation and Art — and would include offices, restaurants, retail shops, grocery space, condos and apartments, a hotel and a theater.
The development proposal asked the city to allow the space to allow for condos and promises significant spaces set aside for arts, solar and shade panels and “European-style architecture and design tenets.”
- Arizona prison inmate found dead in cell, suicide suspected
- Arizona initiative to fund education by raising taxes qualifies for Nov. ballot
- Arizona to see $7.4 million to beef up elections system
- Report finds Arizona making slow progress toward education goals
- Lou Malnati’s sets date for Scottsdale opening, holds contest for preview