Crash on I-17 southbound leaves one woman dead, five children injured
PHOENIX — A crash on the Interstate 17 southbound near Glendale Avenue has left one woman dead and five children injured.
According to Phoenix Fire Department, there is a confirmed adult female fatality while the five children have minor injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said there were lanes closed on I-17 SB near the scene of the accident.
Those lanes would later reopen a few hours later.
Phoenix Fire said they will be transporting the children that require further treatment to the hospital.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- A little rain, a little fog roll into eastern parts of metro Phoenix
- Busy Tempe intersection closed after accident with police vehicle
- ADOT to shut down 1-mile stretch of major Phoenix street until March
- Interstate 17 in north Phoenix to be restricted this week
- Fiery wreck shuts down part of I-10 in southeastern Arizona