Crash on I-17 southbound leaves one woman dead, five children injured
PHOENIX — A crash on the Interstate 17 southbound near Glendale Avenue has left one woman dead and five children injured.
According to Phoenix Fire Department, there is a confirmed adult female fatality while the five children have minor injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said there were lanes closed on I-17 SB near the scene of the accident.
Those lanes would later reopen a few hours later.
Phoenix Fire said they will be transporting the children that require further treatment to the hospital.
KTAR News 92.3
- Wrong-way driver misses oncoming traffic on Loop 101 in Tempe
- Beyonce, Jay-Z concert could snarl West Valley traffic on Wednesday
- Teen who was speeding arrested after crash killed Glendale pedestrian
- I-10 near downtown Phoenix to undergo restrictions this weekend
- Truck full of beer kegs turns over on Interstate 17 in Phoenix