Crash on I-17 southbound leaves one woman dead, five children injured
PHOENIX — A crash on the Interstate 17 southbound near Glendale Avenue has left one woman dead and five children injured.
According to Phoenix Fire Department, there is a confirmed adult female fatality while the five children have minor injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said there were lanes closed on I-17 SB near the scene of the accident.
Those lanes would later reopen a few hours later.
Phoenix Fire said they will be transporting the children that require further treatment to the hospital.
- Wrong-way driver killed in wreck on Red Mountain 202 in Mesa
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- US military helicopter crashes in western Iraq, injuries unknown
- Finalists unveiled in second Arizona creative freeway sign contest
- Interstate 17 closes in Phoenix as police talk down suicidal man