Crash on I-17 southbound leaves one woman dead, five children injured
PHOENIX — A crash on the Interstate 17 southbound near Glendale Avenue has left one woman dead and five children injured.
According to Phoenix Fire Department, there is a confirmed adult female fatality while the five children have minor injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said there were lanes closed on I-17 SB near the scene of the accident.
Those lanes would later reopen a few hours later.
Phoenix Fire said they will be transporting the children that require further treatment to the hospital.
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- Self-driving Waymo car involved in a 5-vehicle crash in Mesa
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures scheduled for June 15 weekend
- Two I-10 ramps to permanently close for South Mountain Freeway work
- Chandler 911 operator killed in head-on crash in northern Arizona