Are Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer now friends?
DNC in Washington-speal used to mean Democratic National Committee; will it now Donald, Nancy and Chuck?
In an extraordinary development this week, President Donald Trump completely undercut his Republican leadership to cut a deal with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
Is this a one-off or a new Trump strategy to win using a new coalition, presumably consisting of a bipartisan centrist group of Democrats and Republicans? If so, it could portend a radical change in his approach to governance.
What would such a change portend for tax policy, infrastructure, or other issues?
In Arizona, a citizen coalition has, subject to a court challenge, put a state law that would expand school vouchers at the expense of public schools on the ballot. What does this say about our state’s politics?
A new poll shows Sen. Jeff Flake behind in both his primary and general election races. What does his future look like?
Noted political consultant Chuck Coughlin and host Mike O’Neil discuss these and other hot issues, both national and local.
The Think Tank
- Arizona Secretary of State Hobbs, schools chief Hoffman join Think Tank
- Arizona legislators react to shutdown deal, pending national emergency
- Chuck Coughlin, Tom Ryan join Think Tank for this week’s political roundup
- Arizona Democrats have mixed reactions to State of the Union address
- Arizona Republicans applaud Trump’s State of the Union address