Scottsdale race car driver to star in upcoming ‘The Bachelor’ season
PHOENIX — A race car driver who lives in Scottsdale will soon be enjoying more time on the silver screen: Arie Luyendyk Jr. is the next star of “The Bachelor.”
Luyendyk told “Good Morning America” he had been keeping the news very quiet prior to the announcement because he wasn’t sure if it was going to work out. He didn’t even mention it to his parents.
“Hi Dad, Mom,” he said with a laugh and a wave.
The race car driver previously appeared on season eight of “The Bachelorette” — he came in second — and an episode of “Bachelors vs. Bachelorettes.” He said he stayed in contact with the show’s creators.
“We’ve kept in touch over the last few years, but this just fit perfect; the timing of this really fit for me,” he said.
Luyendyk, 35, said he chose to be on the hit ABC show because he is the last of his friends to settle down.
“All my friends around me have kids and have grown up, so for me, I feel like I’m the last one of my friends to really take that step,” he said.
During his on-air time, he earned the nickname “Kissing Bandit” on the show and laughed when asked if it would make a return.
“With the right woman,” he said.
Luyendyk is the son of Arie Luyendyk, who is a famous Dutch race car driver.
- Website: Tucson ranks in top five for best places for riding bicycles
- Students use Craigslist to put Scottsdale high school up for sale
- Study shows Arizona cities among the least fit in the nation
- 74-year-old woman to participate in ‘hottest race on Earth’ in Scottsdale
- Scottsdale runs into problems with electric scooter company