Police searching for man accused of setting Phoenix LGBTQ center ablaze
PHOENIX — Law enforcement was searching for a man suspected of lighting a LGBTQ center in Phoenix on fire earlier this month.
The Phoenix Fire Department said Darren William Beach Jr. allegedly set the blaze inside the One N Ten Youth Center near Third Street and Osborn Road on July 12.
Video showed a man walking into the center carrying a container of what appeared to be gasoline and strewing the liquid about before igniting it.
Beach is 26 years old. He stands 6-foot-2 and weighs about 280 pounds.
Anyone with information about Beach’s whereabouts was asked to call 911.
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Mac is back: Best Phoenix-area spots for National Mac and Cheese Day