Main Street Minute: Veggie restaurant chain hiring for East Valley site
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Veggie chain Pita Jungle is hiring 100 full- and-part-time workers for its soon-to-open Queen Creek location. The 4,000-square-foot restaurant near Rittenhouse and Ellsworth roads is scheduled to open June 26.
• Friday is National Doughnut Day and to celebrate, Dunkin’ Donuts is offering a free classic doughnut with the purchase of any beverage. Krispy Kreme is also offering customers one free fried cake apiece.
• UPS has announced plans for a $180 million package processing hub in Goodyear. The facility will bring more than 1,500 jobs to the area. It’s being built near Loop 303 and Interstate 10, and is scheduled for completion in 2019.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco