Main Street Minute: Veggie restaurant chain hiring for East Valley site
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Veggie chain Pita Jungle is hiring 100 full- and-part-time workers for its soon-to-open Queen Creek location. The 4,000-square-foot restaurant near Rittenhouse and Ellsworth roads is scheduled to open June 26.
• Friday is National Doughnut Day and to celebrate, Dunkin’ Donuts is offering a free classic doughnut with the purchase of any beverage. Krispy Kreme is also offering customers one free fried cake apiece.
• UPS has announced plans for a $180 million package processing hub in Goodyear. The facility will bring more than 1,500 jobs to the area. It’s being built near Loop 303 and Interstate 10, and is scheduled for completion in 2019.
- Number of Arizona jobs expected to increase by 150K over next two years
- Phoenix-area Starbucks turns away teen on horse in drive-thru
- Ex-radio host Keillor hopes sex harassment charges will fade
- Head of Scottsdale company surprises first-ever employee with Tesla
- Six people, including two children, injured in Queen Creek crash