If you have been on social media at all the past few days, you’ve probably caught the new trailer for the latest “Star Wars” film, “The Last Jedi.”
While the trailer makes the upcoming film look amazing, there is a Death Star-sized problem with it: It’s not an official trailer.
The preview posted by the “Star Wars : The Last Jedi” Facebook page over the weekend was put together by some fans who are clearly excited for the film. The trailer, created by a YouTube user, received millions of views and hundreds of thousands of shares since the page posted it on Saturday.
While we admit we almost took the bait at first, we did notice a few things, such as the extensive use of older footage from the films, the only parts that looked never featured the face of one of the main characters and the distinct lack of the iconic “Star Wars” theme song.
But we don’t want to sound like we’re bashing the trailer! It clearly took a lot of work to put together and got us hyped for the actual trailer, which is expected to be released some time next month.
The actual “Lost Jedi” film will serve as the sequel to “The Force Awakens,” the movie that took the box office by storm in December 2015 and launched the “Star Wars” craze anew.
“The Last Jedi” will continue to follow the adventures of Luke Skywalker — and maybe his descendants — on their adventures through the galaxy. The internet, always a treasure trove of spies with details and rumors, has been silent on plot details.
Disney — which owns the franchise — is planning to release a new movie each year for the foreseeable future.
The films will alternate between the traditional franchise (think the original “New Hope” or the newer “Revenge of the Sith”) and will be somehow related to the Skywalkers. On the off years, Disney will release standalone movies related to the “Star Wars” universe, such as “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” or the upcoming as-of-yet-unnamed Han Solo film set for release in 2018.
“The Last Jedi” is scheduled to be released on Dec. 15.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- ‘Star Wars’ actor John Boyega pulls hilarious prank, photobombs fans at convention
- Fifth installment of ‘Indiana Jones’ series to be released in 2020
- ‘Star Wars’ releases heartwarming tribute video for actress Carrie Fisher
- First trailer for ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ released, internet freaks out
- Thor and Hulk square off in epic ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ trailer