If you have been on social media at all the past few days, you’ve probably caught the new trailer for the latest “Star Wars” film, “The Last Jedi.”
While the trailer makes the upcoming film look amazing, there is a Death Star-sized problem with it: It’s not an official trailer.
The preview posted by the “Star Wars : The Last Jedi” Facebook page over the weekend was put together by some fans who are clearly excited for the film. The trailer, created by a YouTube user, received millions of views and hundreds of thousands of shares since the page posted it on Saturday.
While we admit we almost took the bait at first, we did notice a few things, such as the extensive use of older footage from the films, the only parts that looked never featured the face of one of the main characters and the distinct lack of the iconic “Star Wars” theme song.
But we don’t want to sound like we’re bashing the trailer! It clearly took a lot of work to put together and got us hyped for the actual trailer, which is expected to be released some time next month.
The actual “Lost Jedi” film will serve as the sequel to “The Force Awakens,” the movie that took the box office by storm in December 2015 and launched the “Star Wars” craze anew.
“The Last Jedi” will continue to follow the adventures of Luke Skywalker — and maybe his descendants — on their adventures through the galaxy. The internet, always a treasure trove of spies with details and rumors, has been silent on plot details.
Disney — which owns the franchise — is planning to release a new movie each year for the foreseeable future.
The films will alternate between the traditional franchise (think the original “New Hope” or the newer “Revenge of the Sith”) and will be somehow related to the Skywalkers. On the off years, Disney will release standalone movies related to the “Star Wars” universe, such as “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” or the upcoming as-of-yet-unnamed Han Solo film set for release in 2018.
“The Last Jedi” is scheduled to be released on Dec. 15.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- May the Force be with you: Standalone Han Solo ‘Star Wars’ film gets summer release
- Get your lightsabers: Disneyland to open ‘Star Wars’ attraction in 2019
- Horror film ‘Rings’ comes to life for some poor, unsuspecting shoppers
- ‘Star Wars’ unveils name for Episode 8: ‘The Last Jedi’
- Woody Harrelson joins cast for ‘Star Wars’ young Han Solo movie