Not quite like Las Vegas, but Scottsdale named one of America’s most sinful cities
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Nobody is perfect, and everybody does some things that Mom would probably not approve of.
Everybody also knows that Las Vegas is often called Sin City, notorious for people going to gamble and drink heavily, among many other things.
According to a recent study by WalletHub, Las Vegas once again earned the title, “The Most Sinful City in America,” but an Arizona city wasn’t too far behind.
Scottsdale was named the 15th most sinful city in the country.
The ranking was based off many categories, including anger and hatred, jealousy, excesses and vices, avarice, lust, vanity, and laziness.
Scottsdale was named No. 1 in the vanity category, thanks to the city having the most plastic surgeons per 100,000 residents, 46.44, in the country.
Tucson (50), Tempe (54), Glendale (65), Phoenix (77), Peoria (98) and Mesa (99) all found themselves in the top 100.
The least sinful city in America is San Jose, California, according to the study.
- Morning rush hour crash closes stretch of US 60 eastbound in Mesa
- Arizona man becomes 20th person sentenced in telemarketing scheme
- Tucson teacher sentenced to 7-plus years in prison for child pornography
- Parts of northern Arizona forest to close this summer to prevent wildfires
- Arizona appeal court dismisses opposite-sex bias claim