The Chuckbox in Tempe named Arizona’s best burger spot
PHOENIX — If you’re like most meat lovers in Arizona and looking for the best burger the Grand Canyon State has to offer, you might just find what you’re looking for near Arizona State University’s Tempe campus.
Located near University Drive and Mill Avenue in Tempe, the Chuckbox has been a staple with both locals and college students alike for over four decades.
Hungry visitors are encouraged to try “The Big One” — a third-pound burger as classic as the restaurant’s decor. The more adventurous type can test out the “The Tijuana Torpedo,” which features a mix of pepper jack cheese and green chilies.
The Chuckbox cooks all of its creations on an open fire pit using charcoal and mesquite to capture the smokey flavors. And don’t worry about asking for extras; You can load up your burger with all the dressings you please at the condiment bar.
The ranking for all 50 states can be found here.
- Groups worry proposed power lines, towers will kill birds
- Arizona is among top states that utilize renewable energy, report says
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Ex-postal worker admits stealing packages that had marijuana
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct