PHOENIX — If you’re like most meat lovers in Arizona and looking for the best burger the Grand Canyon State has to offer, you might just find what you’re looking for near Arizona State University’s Tempe campus.
Located near University Drive and Mill Avenue in Tempe, the Chuckbox has been a staple with both locals and college students alike for over four decades.
Hungry visitors are encouraged to try “The Big One” — a third-pound burger as classic as the restaurant’s decor. The more adventurous type can test out the “The Tijuana Torpedo,” which features a mix of pepper jack cheese and green chilies.
The Chuckbox cooks all of its creations on an open fire pit using charcoal and mesquite to capture the smokey flavors. And don’t worry about asking for extras; You can load up your burger with all the dressings you please at the condiment bar.
The ranking for all 50 states can be found here.
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response