If you’re looking for your next romantic getaway, your best bet in Arizona is Tucson according to Travel + Leisure.
The website released their list of 20 cities in the United States for “America’s Most Romantic Cities.”
Tucson was praised for their golf courses, parks and more.
Tucson isn’t just for snowbirds—it’s for lovebirds too, according to T+L readers. Golfers have their choice of courses, while more adventurous couples take a horseback ride up into the nearby mountains or hike into Saguaro National Park. The city has managed to hold on to vestiges of its Old West past, including the Hotel Congress, built in 1919 and today the busiest bar in town, and the popular Maynards Market & Kitchen, housed in the historic old train depot.
The rankings came as a result of the website’s “America’s Favorite Places” survey and took the rankings of categories that would pique the interests of couples such as wine bars, parks, live music, brunch and more.
San Diego, New Orleans, San Francisco, Honolulu and Charleston rounded out the top five.
- 3 children among injured in collision near downtown Phoenix
- Northern Arizona police department searching for misplaced handgun
- Arizona DREAMer named among Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Part of world’s largest telescope to be built at University of Arizona