Pokémon Go has been sweeping the nation and the impact of the viral mobile app is at one of its peaks in Phoenix.
Redfin looked into the top 10 cities based on the Google Trends for, “Pokémon terms like Pokémon, Squirtle, Blastoise, Charizard and Bulbasaur.”
Using Google Trends’ 0-100 scale of the search volume, Phoenix placed sixth with a score of 77.8. The general term Pokémon was the most searched in the city with a score of 81.
Three Pokémon terms scored 100 on the trends chart. The Pokémon Blastoise and Bulbasaur scored 100 in San Antonio, while the Pokémon Charizard also scored 100, but in San Jose.
San Antonio, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego and Houston rounded out the top five cities overall.
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Phoenix-area zoo welcomes birth of two mountain lion cubs