The headline on the website says it all: Gino’s East deep dish pizza is coming to Phoenix!
Yes, Valley residents will soon have another place to eat the highly popular deep dish pizza from Chicago.
Gino’s East announced Tuesday it expects to open their next location for the franchise in Phoenix this fall. According to MouthbySouthwest the scheduled open is in September.
“We love our seasons here in Chicago, including the extreme polar vortexes and snowfalls, but we’re looking forward to bringing deep dish to the people of Arizona and all of our snowbirds living there now,” Noah Himmel, executive vice president and third generation of family owners said in a statement on the website.
Gino’s East will be located at 36th Street and Indian School Road in Arcadia. It’s expected to have a large patio, a craft beer list and a premium cocktail and wine list to go along with the traditional deep dish menu.
Along with numerous locations in Illinois, the chain currently has restaurants in Texas, Wisconsin and in Mexico City.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- FJI.design offering ‘Design it Forward’ for growing food or drink business
- Celebrate National Donut Day with the Valley’s most drool-inducing treats
- Nearly 9 percent of Phoenix homeowners underwater, study shows
- Arizona group aims to give free meals to more low-income students