A small plane crashed Saturday afternoon in Surprise, Ariz., near the intersection of Bell and Litchfield roads, Surprise Fire Department battalion chief Julie Moore confirmed to KTAR.
Two passengers from the plane were transported from the scene — Joshua Merrill passed away during surgery Saturday night and Michael Fox remains in serious condition.
The single-engine plane crashed around 5 p.m. near the block of 14000 West Fire Mesa Trail, behind a Kohl’s department store and near a golf course, Moore said. It was in a green belt area of Sun Village, an active adult community in Surprise.
No homes were struck or damaged when the plane crashed.
- Arizona bridges are generally safe, expert and national reports indicate
- Local investor envisions a haunting future for historic Peoria hotel
- Police: Guard at state office arrested in no-injury shooting
- California-based company to move manufacturing operations to Goodyear
- Arizona inmate’s coarse wording does not bar suit against cops