A small plane crashed Saturday afternoon in Surprise, Ariz., near the intersection of Bell and Litchfield roads, Surprise Fire Department battalion chief Julie Moore confirmed to KTAR.
Two passengers from the plane were transported from the scene — Joshua Merrill passed away during surgery Saturday night and Michael Fox remains in serious condition.
The single-engine plane crashed around 5 p.m. near the block of 14000 West Fire Mesa Trail, behind a Kohl’s department store and near a golf course, Moore said. It was in a green belt area of Sun Village, an active adult community in Surprise.
No homes were struck or damaged when the plane crashed.
- Northern Arizona police department searching for misplaced handgun
- Arizona DREAMer named among Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Part of world’s largest telescope to be built at University of Arizona
- Scottsdale to welcome Arizona’s first ‘dockless’ bike share program