A small plane crashed Saturday afternoon in Surprise, Ariz., near the intersection of Bell and Litchfield roads, Surprise Fire Department battalion chief Julie Moore confirmed to KTAR.
Two passengers from the plane were transported from the scene — Joshua Merrill passed away during surgery Saturday night and Michael Fox remains in serious condition.
The single-engine plane crashed around 5 p.m. near the block of 14000 West Fire Mesa Trail, behind a Kohl’s department store and near a golf course, Moore said. It was in a green belt area of Sun Village, an active adult community in Surprise.
No homes were struck or damaged when the plane crashed.
- Arizona education gets low marks on annual report card
- Schweikert aggravated with Senate as government shutdown looms
- Arizona attorney general, truckers take human trafficking fight to road
- Arizona car registration fee boost proposed to end raid on road cash
- Kelli Ward faces tough primary, says former state GOP Chairman