A small plane crashed Saturday afternoon in Surprise, Ariz., near the intersection of Bell and Litchfield roads, Surprise Fire Department battalion chief Julie Moore confirmed to KTAR.
Two passengers from the plane were transported from the scene — Joshua Merrill passed away during surgery Saturday night and Michael Fox remains in serious condition.
The single-engine plane crashed around 5 p.m. near the block of 14000 West Fire Mesa Trail, behind a Kohl’s department store and near a golf course, Moore said. It was in a green belt area of Sun Village, an active adult community in Surprise.
No homes were struck or damaged when the plane crashed.
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction
- Harvey-related gas prices should drop soon in Arizona
- Tempe introduces program to give jobs, living assistance to homeless
- Arizona lawmakers say global subsidies threaten local airline jobs