A group of about 50 people marched through downtown Phoenix on Wednesday to protest an executive order signed by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.
The executive order bars accepted applicants in President Barack Obama's Deferred Action program from receiving public benefits or being eligible for any form of Arizona identification, including a driver's license.
Police were moving alongside the march, but the scene appeared to be peaceful.
The march concluded at the Arizona state capitol.
- Order blocks services, IDs for recipients
- Inaction in D.C. left door open for Brewer
- Jay: Go get 'em Gov. Brewer
- Group marches to protest executive order
- Attorney: Order doesn't affect program
- Babeu blasts immigration policy
- Obama immigration policy takes effect
- Judge sets hearing for immigration law
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.