Arizona's Senate President Steve Pierce had strong words about President Barack Obama after 287(g) was suspended between the government and many Arizona law enforcement agencies.
"Acting more like a spoiled child than a President, the Obama administration today pulled the agreement to have Arizona law enforcement officers enforce federal laws on illegal immigration.
These are agreements used across the country to protect citizens, but President Obama and his accomplice, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, only ripped up the agreement with one state, Arizona.
It doesn't take much to connect the dots. The administration made this move hours after losing at the U.S. Supreme Court, when justices unanimously upheld the key part to SB 1070.
This reckless decision by the Obama administration lays bare its real focus. Instead of making the safety of Americans a priority, the administration is all about politics, hoping to score points with certain communities."
Governor Jan Brewer was displeased by the decision as well as her statement led with "President Obama once again abandons citizens of Arizona."
Related: SB 1070 Decision
- Brewer: Arizona was made a target
- Decision on SB 1070: The good and the bad
- Official: Obama acting like 'a spoiled child'
- Arpaio doesn't believe racial profiling stats
- Feds to cut many immigration-related calls
- Public, Hispanics differ on immigration law
- Obama offers mixed verdict on 1070 ruling
- Romney: Immigration law is a 'muddle'
- Demonstrators protest Romney fundraiser
- Supreme Court upholds portions of SB 1070
- Brewer: 'A victory for the rule of law'
- Video: Matuz on Pat's Personal Portraits
- Photos: Supreme Court rules on SB1070
- Mexico laments part of US immigration ruling
- Federal hotline set up on Ariz. immigration
- Janet Napolitano pleased with ruling
- Arizona spends $3M on 1070 defense
- Parts of law before US Supreme Court
- Law drafter calls court ruling a 'victory'
- Mayor sees economic side of 1070
- Protests scheduled with SB 1070 ruling
- Phoenix PD's statement on SB 1070
- McCain, Kyl give statement on 1070 ruling
- Rep. Pastor issues statement on 1070
- State law challenges to move forward
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.