PHOENIX — Find a plug: Phoenix was recently ranked among the most friendly cities nationwide for electric vehicles, according to Smart Grid.
The Valley of the Sun ranked at No. 8 in the country for electric vehicle-friendly cities in Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative’s latest Top 10 Friendliest Cities for Electric Vehicles list.
Atlanta, New York City, Houston, Chicago and Portland consumed the top five cities nationwide, while Los Angeles, Seattle, Baltimore and Orlando joined Phoenix in the bottom five.
According to the article, the organization ranked the cities due to their “abundance of publicly available (electric vehicle) charging options.”
In 2015, Arizona became home to the nation’s first universal charging route for electric cars, located between Phoenix and Tucson.
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus