PHOENIX — Find a plug: Phoenix was recently ranked among the most friendly cities nationwide for electric vehicles, according to Smart Grid.
The Valley of the Sun ranked at No. 8 in the country for electric vehicle-friendly cities in Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative’s latest Top 10 Friendliest Cities for Electric Vehicles list.
Atlanta, New York City, Houston, Chicago and Portland consumed the top five cities nationwide, while Los Angeles, Seattle, Baltimore and Orlando joined Phoenix in the bottom five.
According to the article, the organization ranked the cities due to their “abundance of publicly available (electric vehicle) charging options.”
In 2015, Arizona became home to the nation’s first universal charging route for electric cars, located between Phoenix and Tucson.
- Silver Alert issued for missing man from Surprise
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports