PHOENIX — Find a plug: Phoenix was recently ranked among the most friendly cities nationwide for electric vehicles, according to Smart Grid.
The Valley of the Sun ranked at No. 8 in the country for electric vehicle-friendly cities in Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative’s latest Top 10 Friendliest Cities for Electric Vehicles list.
Atlanta, New York City, Houston, Chicago and Portland consumed the top five cities nationwide, while Los Angeles, Seattle, Baltimore and Orlando joined Phoenix in the bottom five.
According to the article, the organization ranked the cities due to their “abundance of publicly available (electric vehicle) charging options.”
In 2015, Arizona became home to the nation’s first universal charging route for electric cars, located between Phoenix and Tucson.
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment