There was no $950 million Powerball winner, but two tickets in Arizona won the second prize payout of $1 million each.
The tickets were purchased at the Fastrip Food Store at 2199 Highway 95 in Bullhead City. Another retailer is located at 8325 W. Deer Valley Road in Peoria.
There were also 15 $50,000 winners and one $150,000 winner in Arizona.
“I expect there are some happy people in Arizona today celebrating their $1 million and other significant prizes,” Arizona Lottery Executive Director Tony V. Bouie said in a press release. “Arizona Lottery beneficiaries are also rejoicing. Record-breaking sales this past week will mean there will be more money to support Lottery-supported programs throughout the state.”
There were more than 448,000 tickets in Arizona Lottery’s drawing on Saturday that had winning combinations. The combined cash prizes of those winners is almost $4.8 million.
Over 18.3 million tickets nationwide won cash prizes.
The $950 million prize will increase to a record $1.3 billion for Wednesday night’s drawing.
Arizona Lottery has sold 12 grand prize winners since they started participating in 1994.
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Phoenix police chief: City will be prepared for Trump rally
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend
- More than $1.66M raised for Phoenix Children’s Hospital during Give-A-Thon