PHOENIX — Triple-A of Arizona said it would offer its popular tipsy tow service to drivers who drink a bit too much the day before Thanksgiving.
“It’s essentially a free tow home for the driver, up to one passenger and their vehicle for up to 10 miles,” Stephanie Moe with Triple-A said. “It’s intended to be used as a last resort for people who might be out celebrating by drinking alcohol.”
The service will run from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday.
“We really want people to celebrate safely,” Moe said.
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is typically one of the busiest bar nights of the year, as many people have the holiday off work.
The tipsy tow service will only take drivers home or to a hotel. It will not take them to another bar or a party.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Invite a Tempe shelter dog to spend Thanksgiving at your home
- Thanksgiving week brings cooler temperatures to Phoenix
- Banner Health offers alternatives to in-person Thanksgiving gatherings
- Dr. Christ says her COVID concern level over Thanksgiving is 9 out of 10
- Arizona health officials brace for winter visitors amid coronavirus surge