PHOENIX — Triple-A of Arizona said it would offer its popular tipsy tow service to drivers who drink a bit too much the day before Thanksgiving.
“It’s essentially a free tow home for the driver, up to one passenger and their vehicle for up to 10 miles,” Stephanie Moe with Triple-A said. “It’s intended to be used as a last resort for people who might be out celebrating by drinking alcohol.”
The service will run from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday.
“We really want people to celebrate safely,” Moe said.
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is typically one of the busiest bar nights of the year, as many people have the holiday off work.
The tipsy tow service will only take drivers home or to a hotel. It will not take them to another bar or a party.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Tempe bar won’t allow Arizona Wildcats fans, colors for ASU game
- Triple-A of Arizona to offer ‘Tipsy Tow’ service during Super Bowl weekend
- Hula’s Modern Tiki to close in Phoenix, relocate nearby
- Former Mill Avenue arcade bar Endgame gets new spot, to reopen
- 2,000 DUI arrests made in Arizona between Thanksgiving, Christmas