PHOENIX — Triple-A of Arizona said it would offer its popular tipsy tow service to drivers who drink a bit too much the day before Thanksgiving.
“It’s essentially a free tow home for the driver, up to one passenger and their vehicle for up to 10 miles,” Stephanie Moe with Triple-A said. “It’s intended to be used as a last resort for people who might be out celebrating by drinking alcohol.”
The service will run from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday.
“We really want people to celebrate safely,” Moe said.
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is typically one of the busiest bar nights of the year, as many people have the holiday off work.
The tipsy tow service will only take drivers home or to a hotel. It will not take them to another bar or a party.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Poll says two-thirds of Arizonans plan to travel over Labor Day weekend
- Varsity Tavern to take over empty space on Mill Avenue
- John Mayer tries friendship test on unknowing bar goers
- Dog sits on stage during orchestra performance, video goes viral
- More than 865,000 Arizonans to travel over Fourth of July weekend