PHOENIX — It’s that time of year again: Temperatures are dipping, the mall parking lot is beginning to fill up and the Phoenix Zoo is ready to unveil its annual holiday lights display.
The popular ZooLights will run from Nov. 23 to Jan. 10. The display opens at 5:30 p.m. after the zoo closes and finishes up at 10:30 p.m. nightly.
The display features millions of lights along several of the zoo’s trails. Some live animals will be visible.
A stingray petting area and camel rides are available for a small fee.
Several changes have been made this year, including an updated music and light show, several new sculptures and the addition of a live ice sculptor on certain nights.
Ticket prices for ZooLights vary by day. Value nights, when tickets for the public are $12 at the door and $10 online ($10 at the door and $8 online for zoo members), are listed below:
• Nov. 23-26, 29-30
• Dec. 1-3, 7-10, 14-17, 29-31
• Jan. 3-7, 10
Tickets for entry any night are $18 at the gate and $16 online. Members can pick them up for $16 at the gate and $14 online. These tickets can be used any night of ZooLights.
Children 2 and under get in for free.
- Phoenix man pleads not guilty for Christmas slayings of ex-wife, kids
- Glendale becomes first in Arizona to replace streetlights with LED bulbs
- One of largest light displays is local to North Phoenix
- Here are the best Phoenix-area spots to go on National Bacon Day
- Friend says shooting victim had cordial call with suspect