PHOENIX — Onetime Arizona governor hopeful Christine Jones was named interim CEO of a Phoenix-base charter school system on Friday.
Great Hearts Academy operates 22 schools in the Valley and a handful in Texas. The former GoDaddy executive has been an academy board member since 2013.
Jay Heiler, Great Hearts chairman and co-founder, said in a statement, “Christine Jones has the gifts, the background, the dedication and the knowledge of our organization to advance this process as our interim chief executive.”
Jones, an accountant and attorney who was general counsel for the Scottsdale-based website hosting company, ran for the 2014 governorship but finished third in the Republican primary.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Need an eye exam? Flying eye hospital touches down in Arizona
- Arizona bill to limited public funding for stadiums appears to have died
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground
- Advocacy groups pressure Arizona to ban bee-killing pesticides
- Affordable housing complex for veterans opens in Tempe