PHOENIX — Onetime Arizona governor hopeful Christine Jones was named interim CEO of a Phoenix-base charter school system on Friday.
Great Hearts Academy operates 22 schools in the Valley and a handful in Texas. The former GoDaddy executive has been an academy board member since 2013.
Jay Heiler, Great Hearts chairman and co-founder, said in a statement, “Christine Jones has the gifts, the background, the dedication and the knowledge of our organization to advance this process as our interim chief executive.”
Jones, an accountant and attorney who was general counsel for the Scottsdale-based website hosting company, ran for the 2014 governorship but finished third in the Republican primary.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response
- Report: Pei Wei could move headquarters out of Arizona
- Trump to depart Phoenix for Reno before heading to White House
- Arizona school near top of list of America’s best community colleges
- Protests break out, tear gas deployed in Phoenix following Trump rally