A political advertisement accusing Paul Penzone of abusing his ex-wife is “100 percent false,” Penzone said.
“It’s 100 percent false,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos. “Anyone who reads the police report in totality will see that it was unfortunate.”
Penzone said the ad, sponsored by Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, stemmed from an incident when he was picking up his son’s gear for hockey practice from his wife’s home. The couple was separated at the time.
“As I bent over to pick-up the hockey gear, she struck me with a hockey stick in the face,” he said, adding that he was not severely injured.
Penzone said he called police because he felt he had an obligation to contact police to resolve any questions that may later arise.
- Arizona congresswoman hopes Trump meeting start of bipartisan work
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO