AI is for everyone: Prompts to help you with work, life, school and love
Jan 28, 2024, 5:45 AM
Think of AI as a digital Swiss Army Knife. It’s sharp, versatile and surprisingly handy. It sounds overwhelming if you’ve never tried ChatGPT, Bard or any other big options. Trust me when I say if you can use Google, you can use AI.
Ditch the “too techy” excuses, and let’s get hands-on with this game-changer. I’ve got ideas for small business owners, students, parents, those looking for love online and more.
We’re giving away a $1,000 computer — Mac or Windows, your choice! Enter to win here. Good luck!
First things first
You don’t need a Batcave full of robots to join the AI party. If you’re not sure how to even access these tools, I have your back:
- ChatGPT: Use it on the web or download for iPhone or Android. You need to create an account. The free tier works for most people, or you can pay $20 a month for the latest version of the tech, priority access and additional tools.
- Google Bard: Use it on the web for free, if you have a Google account.
- Microsoft Copilot: Use it on Chrome or Edge at Copilot.Microsoft.com. You need an active Microsoft account.
- Perplexity: Free access online here. There’s a $20 per month Pro plan if you want to be able to upload images and get access to smart AI.
Bonus: Sign up for newsletters like mine (shameless plug: getkim.com) where I always share AI tips, tricks, links and shortcuts.
So, what do I do with AI?
Glad you asked. If you can think of it, an AI can probably do it. Here are some uses to get you started.
Data whisperer: Data can be a mountain of gibberish, but AI easily climbs it. Imagine it analyzing your side hustle’s sales figures and revealing hidden patterns. Maybe your best-selling product needs a bigger online presence — or a targeted ad campaign since you sell like crazy to folks in Minnesota. Sweet, data-driven insights without all the work.
- Try it: “Analyze this data to find any patterns I should know about.” The more detail you can add about your company and what you’re looking for, the better. Just be sure you’re not disclosing anything confidential.
Content creation concierge: Struggling to write website copy? AI can craft compelling website copy, thorough product descriptions, and witty social media posts, and it can even turn your blog post into bite-sized social media posts.
- Try it: “Here are the specs for my product. Please write a description I can use to sell it on Amazon following current best practices.”
Help me sell my services: Not everyone is a wordsmith, and it takes a lot of time and effort to figure out what to put on professional pages. Trade workers, this one is great for you.
- Try it: “I’m a plumber in Phoenix, Arizona. Please help me write about my company and what I offer for my Yelp page.”
Brainstorming buddy: Stuck in a marketing rut? AI can be your idea machine. Feed keywords related to your business, and watch as it spits out creative campaign concepts.
- Try it: I’m starting a new podcast. You are a marketing guru I hired to help me with a plan to get the word out. Where should we start?”
Find a date: Most people are blank, staring at that dating profile screen. It’s hard to talk about ourselves! Instead of going too serious, over the top or self-deprecating, see what AI comes up with.
- Try it: “I need to create a dating profile. Can you ask me some questions to figure out what it should say about myself and what I’m looking for?”
Automate the mundane: One thing AI is best for is making tedious tasks quick and easy. Think data entry and scheduling.
- Try it: “Format the data below into a spreadsheet that includes X, Y and Z.”
Get more bang for your buck: Remember that blog post you wrote? AI can transform it into an investor-friendly email by summarizing key points and highlighting your business’s strengths. No need to reinvent the wheel. Let AI make the most of your existing content.
- Try it: “Turn this list of bullet points into a script for an entertaining, informative YouTube video that appeals to women 25 to 35.”
Make sense of a busy week: When there’s a lot on your plate, even organizing it all can be overwhelming. You can use AI as a free assistant to make things easier for you.
- Try it: “This week I have to work 8 to 5 every day, take the kids to soccer practice on Tuesday at 5:30 and find time to run three times because I’m training for a 5K. Can you help me create a schedule I can stick to?”
Plus, we’re TikTok tips that pros warn are your plants’ worst nightmare. Andrew has a wild story about getting scammed on a dating app. It’s cold outside, so here are some top tricks for staying warm with your tech. And, as always, listener letters. You won’t believe what one guy called me.
Check out my podcast “Kim Komando Today” on Apple, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast player.
Listen to the podcast here or wherever you get your podcasts. Just search for my last name, “Komando.”
Sound like a tech pro, even if you’re not! Award-winning popular host Kim Komando is your secret weapon. Listen on 425+ radio stations or get the podcast. And join over 400,000 people who get her free 5-minute daily email newsletter.