Phoenix Fire hazmat crews called to Christown Spectrum mall for gas leak
Dec 26, 2022, 10:46 AM | Updated: 10:48 am
PHOENIX — A hazmat situation outside the Christown Spectrum mall prompted evacuations Friday morning, authorities said.
A woman accidentally ran over an above-ground Southwest Gas regulator in the mall parking lot at 19th Avenue and Bethany Home Road, the Phoenix Fire Department said in a press release.
The driver was not injured.
Phoenix Fire’s hazardous materials team evacuated several businesses and isolated the area while working to secure the leak.
Representatives from Southwest Gas also were at the scene, the fire department said.
No other details were immediately available.