Arizona health officials issue voluntary recall for some marijuana products
PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Health Services issued a voluntary recall Thursday for some marijuana products that could be contaminated with Salmonella or Aspergillus.
Health officials said no illnesses have been reported, but individuals who have purchased potentially contaminated products should not ingest, inhale or otherwise consume them and should dispose of them.
The products were found during a routine inspection of an independent third-party laboratory when samples tested positive for Salmonella and were reported as free of contaminants.
Another sample tested positive for Aspergillus and were also reported as free of contaminants.
Health officials are advising that buyers avoid the following products and contact the dispensary where they were purchased (with brand name, product name, batch number, product type and possible contaminant):
- Baked Bros, Watermelon Syrup: BBWS150I-1; Ingestible Syrup Honey, Alcohol; Salmonella.
- Toasted, Sugar Cookies, Rose Gold, Dawgy Treats, Pear, Dirty Sprite, Bettie Paige, Russian Cream, White Rhino, Abracadabra, Boo Berry.
Symptoms of Salmonella include diarrhea, fever, stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Aspergillus can cause allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, coughing, fever and cold-like symptoms, often when the patient is already sick with another ailment.