1 critically injured in 5-car pileup on Phoenix freeway
PHOENIX – One person was taken to a hospital in critical condition after a multicar accident on a Phoenix freeway early Wednesday, first responders said.
A woman was extricated from one of five vehicles involved in the wreck on southbound Interstate 17 near Camelback Road, Capt. Todd Keller of the Phoenix Fire Department said in an email.
The collision occurred around midnight.
Investigators expected the ramp to be closed off for hours.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Monsoon season in Phoenix wetter than past two seasons combined
- Mesa elementary school teacher wins Gaydos and Chad’s teacher tribute
- Phoenix firefighters rescue injured hiker stuck on mountain for 24 hours
- More hard rain expected to hammer Phoenix area heading into weekend
- Flash flood watch to encompass Valley, beyond starting Thursday