1 critically injured in 5-car pileup on Phoenix freeway
PHOENIX – One person was taken to a hospital in critical condition after a multicar accident on a Phoenix freeway early Wednesday, first responders said.
A woman was extricated from one of five vehicles involved in the wreck on southbound Interstate 17 near Camelback Road, Capt. Todd Keller of the Phoenix Fire Department said in an email.
The collision occurred around midnight.
Investigators expected the ramp to be closed off for hours.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix breaks daily heat record for second straight day
- Las Vegas pushes land swap to balance growth, conservation
- Program for adults with developmental disabilities debuts in Scottsdale
- High pollution advisory in effect for metro Phoenix area
- Two adults found with non-fatal gunshot wounds in Phoenix