Think Tank discusses the economy, COVID and the stimulus plan
This week’s Think Tank discusses the economy with economist Jim Rounds of Rounds Consulting.
• What do economists do anyway? Why did Harry Truman want “a one armed economist”?
• The state of the economy now. How are we doing? How does this compare to the Great Recession?
• Structural changes in the economy due to COVID, some of which may be permanent.
• The proposed $1.9 trillion Biden pandemic COVID response plan
• How do economic incentives really work? Minimum wage increase vs. unemployment payments. Wouldn’t the former have better incentives for work?
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturdays 6-7 p.m., and Sundays 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
The Think Tank
- Think Tank discusses immigration, other issues with Arizona attorney
- Gov. Ducey calls resistance to ban on local mask mandates ‘grandstanding’
- Biden boosted by Senate rules as GOP bucks infrastructure
- Think Tank discusses taxes and rates with an expert
- Arizona economy growing with higher-wage jobs, expert says