It’s no secret that Arizona is a popular destination for snowbirds looking for unreasonably good weather during the months spanning from late winter all the way to spring.
However, it’s not the Valley that’s earning recognition in Thrillist’s list of “America’s 11 Most Beautiful Spring Destinations”.
Instead, it’s Sedona, with its jaw-dropping desertscapes and tantalizing colors that receives the nod from the popular food, drink and travel website.
Thrillist’s Chloe Pantazi had this to say about Sedona’s prodigious offerings:
Sedona is like the Grand Canyon’s younger brother, elevated 4,500ft above sea level and bordered by 1.8 million acres of national forest land. But you really come for the color palette, with more burnt orange and mustard yellow monoliths, pinnacles, buttes, and chameleon-like sandstone formations than you’ll see in a Bob Ross masterpiece. Speaking of sunsets, the Sedona has some of America’s best. Of course, you should get there before the stifling heat of summer, since nobody’s impressed by selfies taken in the hospital after you get sunstroke.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments