New Fry’s grocery store opening in Gilbert next month
PHOENIX — A new Fry’s location will open in Gilbert next month, the grocery chain announced Tuesday.
The 129,000 square-foot marketplace will open on Baseline and Higley roads Sept. 2.
In addition to the usual food and wine selection sold at the grocery store, there will be a sushi station, a grab-and-go area with pre-packaged Chompie’s sandwiches and soups, Murray’s cheese shop and a Starbucks.
Additionally, there will be a pharmacy, apparel and housewares departments, and a gas station.
The Fry’s marketplace will be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
“We are thrilled to offer customers a high-quality shopping experience at our new Fry’s Marketplace store,” Arizona division president Monica Garnes said in a statement.
“The new store will be a wonderful addition to the community.”
This location will replace the one two miles west on Baseline Road and Val Vista Drive, which confirmed that it is closing on Sept. 1.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Oct. 25-27
- Scottsdale-based Harkins Theatres offering popcorn in stores
- Fry’s sets opening date for downtown Phoenix grocery store
- Fry’s Food Store in Goodyear issues class 1 recall
- Glendale woman arrested for leaving baby in car while she shopped