$265,000, 196 pounds of marijuana seized in Phoenix-area drug bust
PHOENIX — Almost 200 pounds of marijuana and more than $265,000 in cash were seized from an operation run out of Phoenix, the Maricopa County Drug Suppression Task Force announced Wednesday.
The task force seized the cash and marijuana from a group accused of selling marijuana and vape cartridges throughout Maricopa County, according to a press release.
Investigators arrested two men in Mesa believed to connected to the operation. Jesus Solano Rodriguez and Rogelio Olivas, both 22 years old, were taken into custody.
A third man, 39-year-old Sergio Torres, was also arrested. Authorities did not say where he was arrested.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office recovered evidence from other locations in the Phoenix area.
The task force also confiscated 100 pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes, three grams of heroin, eight vape cartidiges, a money counter, 13 guns and 12 vehicles.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Buckeye police seize about 15,000 fentanyl pills during busts
- Mesa police find $600K worth of drugs during vehicle search
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Oct. 11-13
- MCSO seizes over 200 pounds of marijuana in Tonopah drug operation
- Arizona man sentenced 25 years on marijuana trafficking, murder charges