Physicist Dr. Lawrence Krauss joins Think Tank to talk COVID-19
Dr. Lawrence Krauss returns to the Think Tank to talk about several issues relating to science and the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
Among the topics we cover are how in times of crisis like this pandemic, we turn to scientists for vaccines and instant cures for the virus. At the same time, funding for basic scientific research has been hard to sell in an era where the dominant political demand has been to cut taxes.
We also discuss how the public seems all too ready to substitute its judgment for that of scientists when it hears reports of potential cures for the pandemic. And politicians can be rewarded for “doing something” even where that “something” is based on scant scientific evidence.
The discussion is wide-ranging; Lawrence Krauss is always provocative and insightful.
The Think Tank airs on KTAR 92.3 FM on Saturdays 3-4 p.m. and repeats Sundays 9-10 p.m.
Podcasts are available after broadcast.
The Think Tank
- Lottery for exclusive Arizona hike could move online due to COVID-19
- AZDES receives additional coronavirus funds to help low-income individuals
- All Arizona counties have now reported at least 1 coronavirus death
- Arizona releases guidelines for how to safely reopen public schools
- Congress confronts dual crises of protests, virus outbreak