Where, when metro Phoenix seniors can find exclusive shopping hours
PHOENIX — To help older shoppers during the spread of the coronavirus, many large grocery stores and retail chains in the Phoenix metro area have expanded morning hours to allow exclusive shopping time for seniors.
Here is a rundown of the chains that have enacted a change in hours, according to a Maricopa County graphic.
- AJ’s: Wednesdays, 5-6 a.m.
- Albertsons: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7-9 a.m.
- Bashas’: Wednesdays, 5-6 a.m.
- Big Lots!: First hour of shopping at each location
- Costco: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-9 a.m. for members 60 and older
- Dollar General: First hour of shopping at each location
- Food City: Wednesdays, 5-6 a.m.
- Fry’s: Mondays through Thursdays, 6-7a.m.
- Ranch Market: 6-7 a.m. for seniors and first reponders
- Sam’s Club’s “Shop from your car” service: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7-9 a.m.
- Safeway: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7-9 a.m.
- Target: Wednesdays, first hour of shopping at each location
- Trader Joe’s: 9-10 a.m.
- Walgreens: Tuesdays, 8-9 a.m.
- Walmart: Tuesdays, One hour before stores open
- Whole Foods: 8-9 a.m.
“I want to take a moment to thank you, our customers,” Bashas’ president and CEO Edward Basha III said in a statement. “Thank you for your kindness and patience, both to our stores teams and to each other, as we navigate these unchartered waters.”
Albertson’s president and CEO Vivek Sankaran asked customers to respect these hours in a statement.
“We are sensitive to the fact that everyone wants to make sure they have the items they need, and we also know that everyone wants their neighbors to stay safe and healthy, too,” Sankaran said in a statement.
“We are asking our customers to respect these special hours for those who are most at risk in our communities. We thank our customers in advance for their compassion and understanding toward their neighbors and friends, and in helping us maintain this temporary operations guideline.”
For all articles, information and updates on the coronavirus from KTAR News, visit ktar.com/coronavirus.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.