Once in awhile a product comes along, that makes you think, why didn’t anyone think of that sooner?
Many of us have experienced this, your partner falls asleep and you’re wide awake, so you grab the remote to watch something mindless, only to discover the volume is at 100 when it turns on, waking them up, and sending you to the couch.
The latest device from Roku one of those internet connected streaming media boxes, can fix that problem for ever. The Roku 3’s remote control features a headphone jack and volume buttons on the side, so as soon you plug in a pair of earbuds, the sound from the TV mutes and plays through the remote.
This works for any content you watch through your Roku: If you pop your headphones into the remote, you’ll be able to hear your program in your ears without disturbing your sleeping spouse (or anyone else in your home, either).
In the highly competitive and growing field of streaming media boxes, Roku’s addition of a “private listening” mode could separate it from the rest of the pack.
We’ve got answers to your technology questions.
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?