We know that Facebook pictures can get you in trouble, but this is a bit ridiculous.
According to Fox News, New Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families paid a visit to the home of Shawn Moore after he posted a photo of his 11-year-old son holding an .22-caliber rifle.
“Someone called family services about the photo,” said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. “It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids.”
Officials said they were simply following up a claim, as required.
Moore, who is a firearms instructor, said his son has a hunting license in New Jersey and passed a hunter safety course.
Moore was not charged in the case.
- Ducey shuts down rumors of Cindy McCain’s appointment to Senate
- Jan Brewer defends McCain from critics calling for him to step down
- Horizon Honors teacher awarded Mac & Gaydos Pay Tribute to a Teacher
- Protesting teachers line streets near KTAR 92.3 FM for Ducey’s arrival
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan