Chad Benson to join Larry Gaydos for afternoon drive on KTAR News
PHOENIX – Bonneville Phoenix announced Wednesday that nationally syndicated host Chad Benson will be permanently joining Larry Gaydos in the afternoon drive on KTAR News 92.3 FM later this month.
Benson, who also hosts Radio America’s syndicated “The Chad Benson Show” nationwide, formerly hosted a 6-9 p.m. show on KTAR News.
“I am beyond excited to be partnering with Larry Gaydos, one of the most talented men in radio, on one of the most iconic stations in the country,” Benson said. “Here we come Phoenix.”
Gaydos and Chad will debut Jan. 21 and air weekdays at 2-6 p.m.
“Chad is one of the most talented and energetic talk show hosts that I’ve ever seen,” said Scott Sutherland, Bonneville Phoenix senior vice president and market manager.
“I can’t wait for he and Larry to inform and entertain the KTAR audience on their way home each day.”
With the change, KTAR News will also add Arizona’s Evening News to its daily lineup, a full hour of news, traffic and weather starting each weeknight at 6 p.m.
The station’s morning and early afternoon schedule will remain unchanged, with Arizona’s Morning News with Jim Sharpe and Jayme West at 5-9 a.m.; Bruce St. James and Pamela Hughes at 9 a.m.-noon and The Dave Ramsey Show at noon-2 p.m.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- KTAR News wins 2021 Regional Murrow Award for best newscast
- Arizona schools chief calls Ducey’s speech ‘disrespectful’ toward educators
- A look back at 2020: Coronavirus, protests, elections and more in Arizona
- Yuma doctor back to work after viral coronavirus social media posts
- Arizona health expert says state will continue to see exponential virus cases