Here’s how to ensure your packages get delivered by Christmas
PHOENIX – Now that you’ve snagged sweet deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, don’t wait too long to mail those presents out if you want them to reach their recipients by Christmas.
To ensure all the good girls and boys get their gifts by Dec. 25, here are the U.S. Postal Service’s recommended shipping deadlines:
- Dec. 9: Priority and First-Class Mail for military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Dec. 11: Priority and First-Class Mail for all military bases other than Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Dec. 14: USPS Retail Ground.
- Dec. 18: Priority Mail Express for all military bases other than Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Dec. 20: First-Class Mail (including greeting cards) and First-Class Packages (up to 15.99 ounces).
- Dec. 21: Priority Mail.
- Dec. 23: Priority Mail Express (not guaranteed; actual delivery date may vary depending on origin, destination and other conditions).
Regular mail won’t be delivered on Dec. 25, but Priority Mail Express service will continue on Christmas Day.
Customers have the option of fulfilling their shipping needs without going to the post office. Instead, they can use the online Click-N-Ship service to pay for postage, order boxes, print out labels and schedule pickups.
USPS expects to deliver more than 28 million packages daily the week of Dec. 16-21.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.