Armed robbery suspect in custody after barricading in Mesa residence
PHOENIX — Mesa police responding to an armed robbery call Thursday said a suspect was in custody after he barricaded himself inside a residence.
Police said the call came from the Circle K at Dobson Road and University Drive.
A suspect was observed going into a residence just north of the convenience store and refused to come out when contacted by police, who said he was in custody around 1:30 p.m.
Traffic was blocked in both directions on University from Dobson to Ironwood Drive.
Police asked drivers to avoid the area. No injuries were reported.
Tempe police were also on the scene.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Lyft pulling plug on e-scooters in two East Valley cities this week
- Mesa Public Schools superintendent placed on leave
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from Nov. 15-17
- Mesa graphite-processing company expands into new headquarters
- Homegrown tech company Insight moving headquarters to Chandler