Gilbert construction worker, 70, killed in equipment accident
PHOENIX — A 70-year-old Gilbert construction worker was killed on the job Monday morning.
Police said Tuesday that officers and fire crews responded to a call of a piece of construction equipment tipped over at the Gilbert Public Safety Training Facility at Pecos and Power roads.
They attempted life-saving measures on the scene, police said, but Mario Padilla was pronounced dead.
“The town of Gilbert would like to express our sincere condolences to Mr. Padilla’s family and coworkers,” the police department said in a statement.
Gilbert Police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration were investigating the incident.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Gilbert Regional Park continues progress on additional facilities
- Phoenix-area Alamo Drafthouse movie theaters file for bankruptcy
- Gilbert restaurant fighting lawsuit by Panda Express over name
- Kaleidoscope Juice squeezes into new downtown Gilbert space
- East Valley high school locked down for about an hour after getting threat