Gilbert construction worker, 70, killed in equipment accident
PHOENIX — A 70-year-old Gilbert construction worker was killed on the job Monday morning.
Police said Tuesday that officers and fire crews responded to a call of a piece of construction equipment tipped over at the Gilbert Public Safety Training Facility at Pecos and Power roads.
They attempted life-saving measures on the scene, police said, but Mario Padilla was pronounced dead.
“The town of Gilbert would like to express our sincere condolences to Mr. Padilla’s family and coworkers,” the police department said in a statement.
Gilbert Police and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration were investigating the incident.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 1 dead and 3 injured in Mesa car crash Sunday morning
- ‘Giving machines’ are coming back to Gilbert for 2nd year
- Hot dog! Gilbert restaurant offering freebies for grand opening
- Here’s where 4 new Fox restaurants are going in the Valley next year
- 2 Valley cities ranked among best in nation to live for veterans