Police were left asking questions after an apparent murder on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012.
“Thirty-three-year-old Alan King was just walking in the parking lot of his apartment complex near 27th Avenue and Bethany Home Road just before 10 a.m.,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch.
It happened at the Desert Place Apartment Homes.
“A dark-colored vehicle ran him over,” said Burch. “What was significant about this crime is that the vehicle was speeding up as if it was intentionally trying to run him over — maybe a targeted event.”
King didn’t survive. All police know is that it was a dark-colored sedan, possibly dark blue or dark green.
To read more about this case, click here.
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
How we spread the word
Police officers answer the Silent Witness telephone line 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They take your information and direct it to the proper department for action.
How we keep going
The community. We're supported by donations from businesses, civic groups, and several individuals. Our civilian board actively oversees the operation of the Silent Witness program.
If you have time, talent, money or information to share, contact Silent Witness today.
- Phoenix police searching for two aggressive robbers
- Valley police searching for clues in robbery, murder [RE-BROADCAST OF 10/1/2012]
- Phoenix police searching for suspects in robbery, probation violator
- Phoenix police looking for beer run, robbery suspects [RE-BROADCAST OF 9/24/2012]
- Phoenix police looking for help to solve robbery cases