North Phoenix water main break could impact traffic for days
PHOENIX — A water main break in north Phoenix could cause days of headaches for drivers, police announced Friday.
The break near Seventh Avenue and Deer Valley Road covered a large portion of the roadway during the early morning hours, completely blocking traffic.
Seventh Avenue is closed in both directions between Deer Valley Road and Melinda Lane.
Sgt. Armando Carbajal said in an email that extensive damage from the break could cause sinkholes in the road, but added that he has not yet been informed of any.
There was no cause for the main break.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona National Guard unit deploying to Middle East
- Amazon introduces new grocery service in Phoenix
- Monsters, pinball and improv: 3 ways to find your niche in metro Phoenix
- Brush fire closes Interstate 17 in both directions near Sunset Point
- Phoenix celebrates 99th year of 19th Amendment, plans for centennial