North Phoenix water main break could impact traffic for days
PHOENIX — A water main break in north Phoenix could cause days of headaches for drivers, police announced Friday.
The break near Seventh Avenue and Deer Valley Road covered a large portion of the roadway during the early morning hours, completely blocking traffic.
Seventh Avenue is closed in both directions between Deer Valley Road and Melinda Lane.
Sgt. Armando Carbajal said in an email that extensive damage from the break could cause sinkholes in the road, but added that he has not yet been informed of any.
There was no cause for the main break.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Fire, mayor making dementia training a priority
- Mayor says she supports Phoenix police chief amid controversy
- Mayor Kate Gallego boosts light rail during state of Phoenix address
- Julian Castro visits Phoenix, touts plan for police reform
- Woman arrested for allegedly driving car into Phoenix officers