Accident shuts down ramp on eastbound Interstate 10 in Tempe
PHOENIX – An accident shut down an on-ramp on Interstate 10 on the Phoenix-Tempe border early Thursday, backing up traffic during the commuter rush.
The eastbound wreck at Broadway Road happened around 5 a.m. and closed one lane. The stalled traffic snaked all the way to the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport exit.
No other details were immediately available.
The ramp reopened around 7 a.m.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) December 6, 2018
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Flipped semi-truck forces closure on I-10 near Deck Park Tunnel
- Semitruck jackknifes, closes eastbound I-10 in West Valley
- Multiple city of Surprise road closures to begin Monday
- No Valley freeway closures scheduled, but weather to cause slowdowns
- Drivers on I-17 in north Phoenix to be slowed by weekend freeway work