Sen. Jeff Flake tweets that Sen. John McCain is ‘gaining strength’
PHONEIX — Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) posted to his twitter account on Saturday afternoon that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) was, “working hard and gaining strength.”
Had a nice visit with @SenJohnMcCain today. He’s working hard and gaining strength.
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) February 10, 2018
Flake will most likely address the tweet on Sunday morning as he is scheduled to appear on Meet the Press.
The tweet comes on the heels of an after-hours spending bill that was passed by both the Senate and House of Representatives in the early hours of Friday morning, keeping the government funded through late March.
Flake and McCain, despite sitting on the same side of the aisle had differing opinions on the controversial spending bill.
Both Senators used twitter to express their opinion on the bill.
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) February 9, 2018
I’m voting against this $300 billion spending hike. Fiscal responsibility is more than a talking point to trot out when the other guys are in charge. Let’s be conservative no matter who’s in charge, no matter who’s in the White House, or who controls each chamber of Congress pic.twitter.com/zYEDgMX5Ap
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) February 8, 2018
- Sen. Flake joins McCain in opposing Trump’s CIA nominee
- Meghan McCain says ‘people will always remember’ Sen. John McCain
- McConnell visits Sen. John McCain in Arizona over weekend
- White House official who mocked McCain’s health still employed
- White House official reportedly mocks McCain’s brain cancer diagnosis