Sen. Jeff Flake tweets that Sen. John McCain is ‘gaining strength’
PHONEIX — Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) posted to his twitter account on Saturday afternoon that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) was, “working hard and gaining strength.”
Had a nice visit with @SenJohnMcCain today. He’s working hard and gaining strength.
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) February 10, 2018
Flake will most likely address the tweet on Sunday morning as he is scheduled to appear on Meet the Press.
The tweet comes on the heels of an after-hours spending bill that was passed by both the Senate and House of Representatives in the early hours of Friday morning, keeping the government funded through late March.
Flake and McCain, despite sitting on the same side of the aisle had differing opinions on the controversial spending bill.
Both Senators used twitter to express their opinion on the bill.
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) February 9, 2018
I’m voting against this $300 billion spending hike. Fiscal responsibility is more than a talking point to trot out when the other guys are in charge. Let’s be conservative no matter who’s in charge, no matter who’s in the White House, or who controls each chamber of Congress pic.twitter.com/zYEDgMX5Ap
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) February 8, 2018
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from this past weekend
- Sen. Jeff Flake in Zimbabwe as official observer of historic elections
- US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward comes to President Trump’s defense
- Arizona Sens. Flake, McCain rip Trump’s performance alongside Putin
- Brewer says McCain won’t resign as Senate moves to confirm Kavanaugh