12-year-old girl found safe in west Valley after going missing
PHOENIX — A missing 12-year-old girl who Phoenix Police Department was looking for was found safe in the west Valley Saturday night.
She was found by people who had seen her information on the news, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Phoenix police was asking the public to be on the lookout for the girl who went missing from her home on Friday.
Valerie Cockrill was last seen around 7 p.m. at her residence near 23rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix before being found safe, Phoenix Police spokeswoman Mercedes Fortune said.
Fortune said she also took her dog, a white or yellow Labrador Retriever named Meeko, with her.
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing Phoenix woman with dementia