12-year-old girl found safe in west Valley after going missing
PHOENIX — A missing 12-year-old girl who Phoenix Police Department was looking for was found safe in the west Valley Saturday night.
She was found by people who had seen her information on the news, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Phoenix police was asking the public to be on the lookout for the girl who went missing from her home on Friday.
Valerie Cockrill was last seen around 7 p.m. at her residence near 23rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix before being found safe, Phoenix Police spokeswoman Mercedes Fortune said.
Fortune said she also took her dog, a white or yellow Labrador Retriever named Meeko, with her.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix