12-year-old girl found safe in west Valley after going missing
PHOENIX — A missing 12-year-old girl who Phoenix Police Department was looking for was found safe in the west Valley Saturday night.
She was found by people who had seen her information on the news, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
Phoenix police was asking the public to be on the lookout for the girl who went missing from her home on Friday.
Valerie Cockrill was last seen around 7 p.m. at her residence near 23rd Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix before being found safe, Phoenix Police spokeswoman Mercedes Fortune said.
Fortune said she also took her dog, a white or yellow Labrador Retriever named Meeko, with her.
- Phoenix school brings in extra police officers after online threats
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus