And the award goes to … Phoenix named highest-performing city in the nation
PHOENIX — Phoenix was named the highest-performing city in the nation by Governing Magazine on Wednesday, according to a press release.
The city was assessed on seven different elements that helped it earn the top spot: Dynamically planned, broadly partnered, resident-involved, race-informed, smartly resourced, employee engaged and data drive.
According to the press release, these elements “define high-performance government and empower innovation.” Governing Magazine used the metrics analyzed to create a benchmark study called “Equipt to Innovate: Becoming a High-Performing City.”
The honor was announced just ahead of the magazine’s 3rd Annual Summit on Government Performance and Innovation, which will take place on Wednesday and Thursday in Phoenix.
According to the website, the summit will use interactive sessions and workshops to “highlight new policy perspectives and practical implementation strategies” and make “government work better for local communities.”
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, who is a keynote speaker at the summit, will discuss why Phoenix earned its ranking as well.
- One killed, two injured in west Phoenix shooting, police say
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas