And the award goes to … Phoenix named highest-performing city in the nation
PHOENIX — Phoenix was named the highest-performing city in the nation by Governing Magazine on Wednesday, according to a press release.
The city was assessed on seven different elements that helped it earn the top spot: Dynamically planned, broadly partnered, resident-involved, race-informed, smartly resourced, employee engaged and data drive.
According to the press release, these elements “define high-performance government and empower innovation.” Governing Magazine used the metrics analyzed to create a benchmark study called “Equipt to Innovate: Becoming a High-Performing City.”
The honor was announced just ahead of the magazine’s 3rd Annual Summit on Government Performance and Innovation, which will take place on Wednesday and Thursday in Phoenix.
According to the website, the summit will use interactive sessions and workshops to “highlight new policy perspectives and practical implementation strategies” and make “government work better for local communities.”
Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, who is a keynote speaker at the summit, will discuss why Phoenix earned its ranking as well.
- Jaguar known to roam Arizona mountains believed to be dead
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Border agents arrest large group of illegal aliens in southern Arizona
- Grand Canyon eases water restrictions after pump repair
- Latino leaders question Census head over citizenship query