Here are the best Phoenix-area restaurants to celebrate Cinco de Mayo
PHOENIX — Cinco de Mayo is Sunday, which means residents across Arizona will be running to their nearest Mexican restaurant to indulge in the finest food and drinks the state has to offer.
For those who were not aware, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day, but is actually the day to commemorate the country’s 1862 victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla.
Luckily, the Phoenix area has plenty of Mexican food joints that will be sure to fulfill all your Cinco de Mayo needs.
Here are some of the best Mexican spots in the Phoenix area, according to the food and culture website Thrillist.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Report: Citizenship question on census would cost Arizona a seat in House
- Mayor says she supports Phoenix police chief amid controversy
- Report: Undocumented immigration into US down, especially from Mexico
- Average Arizona gas price expected to dip under $3 soon
- DPS on alert in southern Arizona after reports of cartel violence in Mexico