Here are the best Phoenix-area restaurants to celebrate Cinco de Mayo
PHOENIX — Cinco de Mayo is Sunday, which means residents across Arizona will be running to their nearest Mexican restaurant to indulge in the finest food and drinks the state has to offer.
For those who were not aware, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day, but is actually the day to commemorate the country’s 1862 victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla.
Luckily, the Phoenix area has plenty of Mexican food joints that will be sure to fulfill all your Cinco de Mayo needs.
Here are some of the best Mexican spots in the Phoenix area, according to the food and culture website Thrillist.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona man extradited to Nevada in 1979 killing of woman
- Arizona’s tiny desert owl has new chance for protection
- 14-year-old pedestrian, bicyclist killed in separate incidents on Valley roads
- Body found floating in lake at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix
- UArizona medical college in Phoenix to increase class size to 100