Here are the best Phoenix-area restaurants to celebrate Cinco de Mayo
PHOENIX — Cinco de Mayo is Sunday, which means residents across Arizona will be running to their nearest Mexican restaurant to indulge in the finest food and drinks the state has to offer.
For those who were not aware, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day, but is actually the day to commemorate the country’s 1862 victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla.
Luckily, the Phoenix area has plenty of Mexican food joints that will be sure to fulfill all your Cinco de Mayo needs.
Here are some of the best Mexican spots in the Phoenix area, according to the food and culture website Thrillist.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- US to send asylum seekers back to dangerous part of Mexico
- Arizona unemployment rate unchanged at 4.9 percent in June
- Phoenix ranks among the top 10 cities for millennials
- Grant to help Arizona high schools start computer science programs
- Tempe man arrested for alleged sexual conduct with 15-year-old girl