PHOENIX — Almost a week of overnight closures were set to begin Monday along Interstate 10 in Phoenix.
The Arizona Department of Transportation scheduled installation of traffic-flow sensors starting on eastbound I-10 at 35th Avenue and working west nightly from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m.
The roadwork was to be completed by Friday morning, just as the rush-hour commute gets going.
• Eastbound I-10 closed at 35th Avenue from 9 p.m. Monday, March 20, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, March 21, for traffic-flow sensor installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 51st and 43rd avenues also closed.
• Westbound I-10 closed at 35th Avenue from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at 27th Avenue and Interstate 17 connections to westbound I-10 also closed.
• I-10 East will be closed at 83rd Avenue from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 99th and 91st avenues and the eastbound I-10 connection from Loop 101 will also be closed.
• I-10 East will be closed at 27th Avenue from 9 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday, Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 43rd and 35th avenues also will be closed.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Survey: If living in Arizona, becoming a surgeon will pay off the most
- American cyclist Young dies from injuries sustained in Tucson crash
- State 48 Brewery to ‘brew’ up downtown Phoenix location, set to open in 2018
- Navajo coal plant closure could lead to 1,000 job losses in Arizona, Utah
- Body found believed teen hiker; step-grandmom still missing