Plenty of Irish bars offer up fun for St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Phoenix
PHOENIX — If there was one weekend of the year when you want to be in Phoenix, the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day weekend may be it.
Not only will people be celebrating everything Irish, but there are numerous other exciting events happening in the Valley.
For those looking for some physical activity and sporty events, the annual Kiss Me I’m Irish Run is happening on Friday and Saturday in Glendale, and the NASCAR’s Camping World 500 Race Weekend will be at the Phoenix International Raceway in Avondale from Friday until Sunday.
In addition to the races, there is also a two-day music festival, Pot of Gold. The festival is headlined by G-Eazy and Flogging Molly but a host of other big bands — Sublime with Rome, Death Cab for Cutie, 311 and X Ambassadors, to name a few — will also play.
There are also activities at the Irish Cultural Center in downtown Phoenix and “Finding Neverland”, showing at ASU Gammage.
Of course there are still a slew of spring training games happening all weekend long.
There are a lot of Irish bars in the Valley, and they are sure to be packed. According to Yelp, these are the top 10 Irish pubs in the Phoenix area.
- Here is the latest news regarding Arizona’s classroom crisis
- At least 31 people sickened by E. coli, linked to lettuce grown in Arizona
- Could climate change be ruining the taste of your favorite craft beer?
- Applications for fall hunts now being accepted by Arizona Game and Fish
- Eastern Arizona wildfire continues to grow, now burned 21,000-plus acres